1 can of Garbanzo beans, olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon pureed garlic, pinch of kosher salt, lemon, 1/2 teaspoon of tahini (sesame paste) (it still tastes good without this too)
- Open your can of garbanzo beans and drain them in a colander. Run some water over them and give them a stir to rinse them off. pour them into your mini food processor or blender
- Add 3 second pour of olive oil
- Roll the lemon on the counter pressing on it with the palm of your hand to break up the pulp. This allows the more of the juice to squeeze out. Hold the lemon and cut it in half. Add the juice of half the lemon. Add less than you think because you can always add more later but you can’t take lemon juice away.
- Add salt, tahini, garlic puree
- Put the lid on the processor and push the button.
- stop and open the lid to scrap down the sides of the processor.
- Put the lid back on and push the button again.
- Give it a taste, if it is not creamy enough then add more olive oil or lemon juice according to your liking.
Serve with pita pockets cut into wedges like pizza slices, baby carrots, jicama sticks, Persian cucumber sticks
Note: you can stir in…sun-dried tomatoes, jarred artichoke hearts drained and chopped, frozen spinach that has been defrosted and squeezed to remove excess water. Let me know if you have any other fun combos.