Guacamole is best when mixed up right before serving. If you do have to store it a few hours before using it, then put it in a narrow container and place plastic wrap directly on top of it. The plastic will prevent the air from oxidizing your avocados.
You’ll need: big mixing bowl, potato masher, cutting board, knife, plastic juicer, mixing spoon, flatware spoon, zip top plastic bag, pizza slicer
Ripe avocados, Fresh lime juice, Chopped Cilantro, Garlic salt, cherry tomatoes, diced red onions (optional)
- Wash the avocados and lime
- Rinse off the cilantro and chop it up by rolling the pizza cutter over the leaves. Remove any thick pieces of stem. Set aside.
- Rinse off the tomatoes and dice. (optional) Set aside.
- Cut the avocados in half by rotating the avocado around and keeping your knife still. Give it a twist and pull apart
- Using your flatware spoon scoop out the shell into the big mixing bowl
- Putting your hand under a kitchen towel, place the avocado half with the seed stuck in it on the towel. Wack the seed with a knife so that the blade is slightly embedded in the seed. Give the knife a twist to remove the seed. Place your hand over the back of the knife and pinch right behind the seed and this should make the seed fall off the knife w/out any threat of cutting yourself
- Scoop out the shell into the plastic bag
- Sprinkle it with garlic salt. Remember to use less because you can always add more later
- Press the air out of the bag and zip it up. Mash up the avocados by squeezing the bag.
- Cut the lime in half and put it in the juicer. Squeeze lime juice to a bowl.
- Open the bag. With a teaspoon add juice to the bag.
- Add the cilantro and red onions (optional) and smash it around in the bag.
- Add the tomatoes and stir gently. Chill until ready to serve
I like to serve this with baby carrots, celery, and the oven baked no salt added chips or the oven baked flax seed Omega 3 chips. It is also great in sandwiches and wraps instead of mayo. Try it on your next BLT (bacon, lettuce, tomato). I use the Applegate brand turkey bacon over at Whole Foods.